[PD-ot] subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Michael Zacherl. sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Tue Aug 30 17:26:07 CEST 2011

Hallo João,
I'm sort of used to IBM/Lenovo due to my day job until three years ago.
I think I still like their quality.
Unfortunately the website is just pretty but not that much helpful (or maybe it's just me).
However, they offer a pretty broad range of products which looks interesting.
I remember that Asus offer(ed) a small Eee with Meego (I think so) on it, which speaks for itself.
I'll look closer at the Ideapad range.
I didn't consider any particular audio interface so far.
Multichannel is not a big issue, I got my Macs and my MOTU interface for that.
Novertheless a smaller box with just four outputs could be interesting.
We got RME and Apogee at the institute, PCMCIA is not supported on that small netbooks, AFAIKS.
Dan W. mentioned the Roland line of interfaces he uses, I'll look at that was well.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks & soon, Michael.

--
hear the colours of noise: http://blauwurf.at