[PD-ot] online survey: visualization of textural sounds

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Sep 20 00:34:50 CEST 2011

Dear all,
i'd like to invite you to take part in a new study for the
visualization of textural sounds.

http://grrrr.org/test/texvis

The goal is to design musical interfaces to intuitively browse large
collections of textural sounds. Its theoretical foundation lies in
multi-model interaction, which exploits interrelations between the
different human senses.
It takes only a couple of minutes (typically 5 minutes for 30 sounds,
15 minutes for all 100).
I'll present some results at the DAFx satellite workshop "Versatile
Sound Models for Interaction in Audio-Graphic Virtual Environments" on
Friday.

The online form is based on HTML5, it should work properly on Firefox,
Chrome or Safari web browsers. IE9 might work, but is untested.

Thanks for your participation!
all the best,
Thomas

PS. If something looks strange or doesn't work for you, please drop me
a line

--
Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org