[PD-ot] Record PCM output - ALSA - Rapsberry Pi

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:38:46 CET 2012

Hi,

Yes, recording to mono would be a good idea.
I don't know to what extend the quality would suffer from a sample rate
reduction though. I've read that it would only cut higher frequencies.
Another problem is that I'm not sure i'll be able to read these file (say
at 22050) in a Pd patch (at 44100).

What you're saying about CPU load and RAM makes sense, but i'd like to try
anyway, just to know whether it'd work or not. Somebody on the RPi forum
suggested that I use Pulseaudio. I don't even know if Pd works with Pulse.
Anyways...

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers,

Pierre.