[PD-ot] Hacking a laptop screen out

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 00:55:31 CET 2012

Greetings off-topic people

Does anyone have any experience of turning a laptop LCD screen into a normal screen?
So, I bought a mini-ITX PC in the summer, to cure my laptop overheating woes (and give me a whole lot more juice).

The laptop in question has undergone a thoroughly new level of destruction through teaching, and now there are holes everywhere.

I wonder, do any of you guys have any experience in ripping a laptop screen out and using it as a SVGA monitor, or any other interface type for graphics? My new PC has various sockets and a full graphics card (it's not as small as Miller's, but still small enough to gig, unlike my screens)

Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/