[PD-ot] Xcode and some commands

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:50:17 CET 2013

Hi all,
I'm trying to install some externals in Pd vanilla. Till now I've managed
to install the Gem library. But now I'm trying to install zexy, but opening
Pd with the '-lib zexy' flag from the command line is not enough. Trying to
follow the installation guidelines of the library, I'm facing some
problems. Trying to run './bootstrap.sh; ./configure; make' I get the
following errors:
./bootstrap.sh: line 3: aclocal: command not found
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in
`/Applications/Pd-0.44-0.app/Contents/Resources/extra/zexy-2.2.4/src':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details
-bash: make: command not found

I have Xcode, version 4.5.2 installed in my /Applications directory (I've
been told in the past I need to have developer tools in order to be able to
run some commands), but that won't do the job..maybe it's quite obvious,
but my knowledge on this is extremely limited. Any ideas?
Obviously I have OS X. My version is 10.8.2, upgraded since I have quite an
old laptop.

Thanks