[PD-ot] Using a firewire sound card with jack

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:24:57 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to use my presonus firebox sound card (which is firewire) with
jack by typing jackd -d firewire (maybe no space between flag and argument?
I tried both). I get this:

jackdmp 1.9.8
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Cannot create thread 1 Operation not permitted
Cannot create thread 1 Operation not permitted
Cannot create thread 1 Operation not permitted
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Cannot lock down 82241434 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot create thread 1 Operation not permitted
ERROR: messagebuffer not initialized: libffado 2.999.0- built Feb 17 2012
15:52:28
firewire ERR: FFADO: Error creating virtual device
Cannot attach audio driver
JackServer::Open() failed with -1
Failed to open server

There's some memory allocation error too there..
Anyone knows any tricks? I'm on ubuntu 12.04 on a macbook (if it's of any
importance).