[PD-ot] Using a firewire sound card with jack

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 10:29:56 CEST 2013

Hi,
Thanks for the tips. When I type aplay -l my sound card is not listed, so I
guess I can't use it with alsa then. Also man jackd will display the
messages you pasted in your email, but if I type jackd I get some comments
which include this:

-d master-backend-name [ ... master-backend args ... ]
               Available master backends may include: alsa, dummy, freebob,
firewire, net or netone.

firewire is there, though it says 'may include'.
Typing jackd -d firewire --help, I do get comments though about the
firewire driver (though this includes: Cannot create thread 1 Operation not
permitted. It doesn't sound very good).
I tried qjackctl too, and when I hit Setup and choose firewire and then hit
start, it freezes, then dims, and finally crashes. After this every time I
start it, it's window opens, but it's blank, and it crashes. I have to
restart my computer for it to work again.
If it's not possible to use this sound card with jack, is there any other
way to use it?

Thanks