[PD-ot] Packt Publishing royalties

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 14:55:05 CET 2013

Hmm. I couldn't get the post Antonio was referring to in his email. This could be a very sophisticated form of phishing I suppose. Apologies for my naivety!

I have the book "Multimedia Programming in Pure Data" in front of me, published by Packt, by Brian WC Chung. No mention of Antonio Roberts!

I'll just take a look at the header for the email and get back to you. Let's not take too much time in dealing with this.

Ed

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new music remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/

On Tuesday, 19 November 2013, 13:41, Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com> wrote:

Is this some kind of so-dry-I-don't-get-it humour 'cos they look well suss

>On 19 November 2013 13:21, Ed Kelly <morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>Wow!
>>
>>Is the Pd foundation up and running? I haven't followed the news (if there is any) regarding this.
>>
>>Perhaps this is within your scope Hans?
>>
>>Ed
>>

>>Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new music remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
>>http://www.ninjajamm.com/
>>

>>Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
>>http://sharktracks.co.uk/
>>

>>On Monday, 18 November 2013, 19:53, Antonio Roberts <antonio at hellocatfood.com> wrote:
>>
>>A representative of Packt Publishing recently put out a call to
>>>developers of open source software packages that are covered in their
>>>books to get in contact regarding royalties. They claim that they give
>>>money to the authors _and_ the project that the book is based upon.
>>>Text below:
>>>
>>>"I'm sorry that we haven't yet been able to make this clear. I will
>>>have this looked in to and revised for clarity.
>>>But, to confirm, authors receive royalties on sales of their books but
>>>we also give a royalty, where the book is based on an Open Source
>>>software or system, to the Project.
>>>I'm not at liberty to disclose the names of projects that have
>>>received this
 royalty, only that cumulatively we have given out a