[PD-ot] (no subject)

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Tue Nov 19 16:15:49 CET 2013

> I have the book "Multimedia Programming in Pure Data" in front of me, published by Packt, by Brian WC Chung. No mention of Antonio Roberts!
I'm one of the tech reviewers ;-)

> Well in that case I apologise.  Sorry Antonio, I didn't realise you'd
> already published a book with them (blushing).
I didn't publish the book, just did a tech review of it. As I briefly
said in a comment in the G+ thread, it wasn't a bad experience but not
a great one either. I considered it a good way to give back to the
community (yes, I know you have to buy the book) and get my name "out
there", but now that I've done it once I won't be doing it again and
definitely not for them ;-)

(on a separate note I'm also thinking about reviving the Pure Data
Documentation Project)

To me it seems like Packt are a legitimate business but aer telling a
few porkies with regards to royalties