[PD-ot] (no subject)

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Tue Nov 19 17:03:51 CET 2013

> Really sorry for my laziness. I just opened it and saw your name!!¬!
> Listen, we're really grateful for your support. There aren't enough
> books about Pure Data programming out there, and I'm sure my students
> will find this really helpful.
That's why I agreed to do it. I think there's plenty of resources out
there for PD music/audio programming but none dedicated to just
visuals. The book was a bit too basic for my needs, but it would've
been invaluable to me three years ago!

Also, no need to thank me, I didn't write it! Regardless, I'm glad that
you/your students will find it useful. I'm glad the book now exists, I
just wish Packt were clearer on the whole royalties situation.

> Once again, I think the person you need to talk to is Hans
> Cristoph-Steiner, but I am sure he'll read this thread.
Hopefully he will. Packt do a lot of books about open source software
so I'll be interested in hearing if those projects get
royalties/support as well.

> Nice to meet you Antonio, even if it was slightly cack-handed from my
> end ;-)
No harm done ;-) Out of interest, where do you teach?

Antonio