[PD-ot] Looking for a class-compliant soundcard...

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 23:51:57 CET 2014

Dear list,

Yet another OT question. I have relatively old computers to work with and i
am looking to purchase a second USB soundcard to be able to play with Pd on
one machine while recording the output on another computer (both with
Linux). Below is a selection of soundcards that i'm interested in (and that
my local store offers) :
- Roland UA 22
- Roland UA 55
- Tascam US 322
- Tascam US 366
- Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
- Steinberg UR 22

Which of these cards are class-compliants ? And among the ones that are
class-compliant, which ones would you recommend for recording ?
(Of course i'm assuming that only class-compliant soundcards work in Linux).
I find it nearly impossible to get really useful information off the web to
make a decision.

Thanks in advance. Cheers,

Pierre.