[PD-ot] ISSTC 2014 - Call for Submissions - deadline 4 April

Kerry Hagan klhagan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:29:44 CET 2014

Apologies for cross-posting:

The deadline is fast approaching (April 4, 2013) for submissions to this year's Irish Sound, Science and Technology Convocation.

The theme this year is Audio Fabric: Socio-sonic Textures in the Real World

This year’s Convocation examines the social impact of sound in the real world: natural soundscapes, music, technological sounds, mediated sounds, spaces, places and sites. Technology cannot be divorced from the interconnections with cultural output, social practice and aesthetics. We seek to contextualise all sound-making and its sciences and technologies. What is the societal impact of our artistic and technical practice with sound? How does our research and practice impact the wider community? Finally, given that our practice is, for the most part, financed by public funding, what is it that we are giving back?

The fourth annual Irish Sound, Science and Technology Convocation (ISSTC 2014) will be held August 28-29, 2014 at National University Ireland, Maynooth.

Submissions are due 4 April 2014. Details of materials needed and submission instructions are provided at the bottom of each call.

We are looking for submissions of papers, music, sound art/installations and workshops.

For more information and links to submission website, see:
http://issta.ie/index.php/call-for-submissions-2014/

Best,
Kerry

www.kerrylhagan.net