[PD-ot] Apologies if posted twice: Tenure-track/tenured post in Digital Audio, University of Limerick

Kerry Hagan klhagan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 11:47:56 CEST 2017

Sorry, folks. I sent this to pd-ot at iem.at <mailto:pd-ot at iem.at>, and I don’t know if that list is working any more, so I thought I’d be safe and send this here, too. So SUPER apologies for the noise if you get this twice:

We have a vacancy at the University of Limerick, Ireland in Digital Audio. It’s being offered at two levels, tenured or tenure-track. Search for “digital audio” on http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/ <http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/>

Some particulars:

The University of Limerick (UL) with over 13,000 students and 1,300 staff is an energetic and enterprising institution with a proud record of innovation and excellence in education, research and scholarship. The dynamic, entrepreneurial and pioneering values which drive UL’s mission and strategy ensures that we capitalise on local, national and international engagement and connectivity.  We are renowned for providing an outstanding student experience and conducting leading edge research.  Our commitment is to make a difference by shaping the future through educating and empowering our students. UL is situated on a superb riverside campus of over 130 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and research environment.

Applications are invited for the following position:

Faculty of Science + Engineering
Department of Computer Science & Information Systems
Lecturer/Lecturer below the bar in Digital Audio

Contract Type: Lecturer – Multiannual (Tenured)
 -OR-
Contract Type: Lecturer below the bar - Tenure Track (five year fixed term).
During the term of the contract the successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply for tenure in accordance with the University's Policy and Procedures for Granting Multi-annual Status to Entry-level Academic Staff <http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/749728819.pdf>

Salary Scale: Lecturer - €51,159 - €79,146 p.a.
 Salary Scale: Lecturer below the bar - €38,348 - €52,722 p.a.

Further information for applicants and application material is available online from:
http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/ <http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/>

The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 25th May 2017.
Applications must be completed online before 12 noon, Irish Standard Time on the closing date.

Please email erecruitment at ul.ie <mailto:erecruitment at ul.ie> if you experience any difficulties

Applications are welcome from suitably qualified candidates.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and committed to selection on merit.

QUALIFICATIONS:

·     Doctoral degree (level 10NFQ) pertaining to the domain of digital audio, sound or related disciplines. Alternatively, a different doctoral degree (level 10NFQ) and demonstrated 5 or more years of experience in digital audio, sound or related disciplines.

The research and/or teaching activities of candidates should have a primary emphasis on digital audio and recording practices, and their application in one or more domains.

Furthermore, it is desirable for candidates to have additional interest, experience, and expertise in one or more complementary areas, such as:

·     Interaction design and auditory interfaces

·     Computer games audio

·     Virtual and augmented reality

·     Experimental media

·     Auditory systems in robotics

·     Audio technologies in music therapy

OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:

The post holder will work as a member of the team responsible for the delivery of (i) undergraduate programmes in the areas of Digital Media Design and Music, Media & Performance Technology and (ii) postgraduate programmes in Arts and Technology and Interactive Media, currently offered by the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of sound recording, audio engineering, and music production. Further subject are possible, especially concerning application domains.

In addition, the post holder will be expected to make a substantial contribution to the research culture and research output of the Department (CSIS/Lero) and Faculty, and to establish collaborations with other Departments and Research Institutes in UL.

More details on the post, the qualifications, and the essential experience on http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/ <http://www.ul.ie/hrvacancies/> - Search for “digital audio"

Regards,

Kerry

Dr Kerry Hagan
Lecturer, Music Technology
Course Director, Structured PhD in Science and Engineering
Digital Media and Arts Research Centre
Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
University of Limerick
t: +353 (0)61 213099
e: kerry.hagan at ul.ie <mailto:kerry.hagan at ul.ie>
w: dmarc.ie <http://dmarc.ie/>