[PD-ot] Consider the MA/MSc in Art & Technology at UL

kerry l. hagan klhagan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 16:35:39 CET 2020

Hi all,

Apologies for x-posting.

Although our Masters is not strictly electronic or computer music, it does have elements of music in it. More importantly, our MA/MSc in Art & Technology is designed to help students coming from art, music, design, computer science or engineering to build a professional arts practice in visual and audio media and digital technologies.

I work with students interested in using Pd and Max, but my colleagues teach live coding, physical computing, digital fabrication, Arduinos, Raspberry Pis.

It is only 12 months long, and the student designs their final thesis to determine whether they exit with an MA or an MSc (MS in the US)

For non-EU students, there may be some funding available, but even with our fees and a year living in Ireland, the cost is cheaper than many North American tuition fees. There is an international merit-based scholarship of €2000

If you or one of your students are interested in expanding your practice, take a look at our website here:
http://www.artandtechnology.ul.ie/ <http://www.artandtechnology.ul.ie/>

And, you can find information for international students here:
https://www.ul.ie/international/ <https://www.ul.ie/international/>

And the fee schedule for the taught Masters in Science and Engineering is here:
https://ulsites.ul.ie/finance/finance-documents-0#fees <https://ulsites.ul.ie/finance/finance-documents-0#fees>

The fees for next year have not been published, but they should be quite similar to last year:
EU: €6225 (for the whole year)
Non-EU: €14321

Regards,

Kerry