[Pdweb] Webpage Development Wiki and Collector

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Jun 16 13:58:16 CEST 2003

Hello,

[...]
>> blog = a section where news/announcements have to be reviewed/published
>
>The news section already works that way.
>The only requirement to post news is to be registered.

I think also a blog (or weblog) is the same as news. Everone can submit,
some reviewers can publish it and all news can be commented with
threads.

The only thing is that on NewsItem there is not impliciple a picture,
or something like a thumbnail or so. So we could change the News in
for this behavior.

as an example, i have done this a year ago within
http://localtask.mur.at/ where the chronikentrys can do more than news

>> but then anonymous responses/discussion are allowed.
>
>Registered users can comment the news items like a threaded discussion.
>It's probably possible to allow anonymous users as well, but I believe
>this feature should be restricted to registered users.

(also anonymous could comment if we allow it).

>> forum = a section where anonymous can publish and respond/discuss
>
>I tried to add a forum but this feature is not installed or not available
>on testpd.
>

>> wiki = a section where anonymous can edit/publish but without a
>> discussion/responses
>
>There should be only one wiki then, named "Public Publication Space".
>
>> I am not sure that having everything be a discussion board would
>> necessarily be the best thing.  I think it should be highlighted in
>> some sections (i.e.'news'), and take a minor role in others (i.e.
>> 'Docs', 'Downloads')
>
>Wikis, blogs, forums, comments, all those means "I can participate".
>It's all good but we should not confuse users by adding duplicated
>features. The "comment" feature seems more than enough as an annotation
>mechanism. Forums should not be integrated into sections like Docs and
>Downloads, but only into a "Forums" section.

The Wiki Product consists of a WikiWeb and WikiPages. The goal is
everone can open an wiki for his product (it is searchable over the
whole side) and can link to other wikis.

I have made one wiki for our Webpage development.

>> Right, everyone can publish their own content in their own space, but
>> other moderated spaces, like an 'Exchange' section, would be very
>> useful in organizing all the content on people's personal space.
>
>I like the idea. The only problem is to track modifications and fix broken
>links from time to time.

Ok, I would suggest, we need a Product called "Project" or so, which
is in fact a Folder but has an Lead-in and title and maybe some other
predefined fields like category etc.

The Collaboration page makes an automatic search over the site collect
the  Projects on a list. Also Projects could be filtered for other
Lists.

In the ProjectFolder the owner can make a default view and Wikis and
Files to download or links to cvs etc...

We could say everything is a project

 so a a project is a  patch, docu, piece of art, etc whatever poeple
can think of.

 each project can contain other projects.

 project places can be shared with the use of "local roles"

one question:

 Projects could be done:
 a) under home folders or

 b)a folder where people can add their projects.

with a we have less work, with b the URLS can'change so fast if people
rename or move their projects under their home.

with b) the Navigation tool can make reflect an organisation
structure.

we have done this under the http://iem.at/ (but not really finished)

But, maybe we should keep it just simple as standard Plone.

mfg winfried