[Pdweb] Re: Re:[PD] Re: [PD-dev] new pure-data.org

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 20 14:48:18 CEST 2003

On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 04:20 America/New_York, Winfried Ritsch
wrote:

> jfm3 writes:
>> I would like to change www.pure-data.org to a redirector to your new
>> site. Can you give me a good url for this? I realize you're still in a
>> test phase, but what I see looks pretty good...
>>

> I have mapped  www.pure-data.org name on the site already, so you can
> change
> any time you decide, so both domainames (should) work parallel.
>
> Redirect  www.pure-data.org to 193.170.191.180
>
> So some questions arises. You can change it on the dns server, but then
> all mail, ftp, etc is also directed to this host.

Just an FYI: the mail/ftp/etc for pure-data.org does not have to be on
the same server as the www.  They can be totally separate without a
problem.

> a) Should we take over some email addresses or aliases ?

I think it would be cool if members got a pure-data.org alias, based on
the member name, so I would be hans at pure-data.org.  But if its a pain,
then its probably not worth it.

> I saw on an hostname check:
>
>> host -CAL 1 www.pure-data.org
>  www.pure-data.org NS record currently not present
>  No nameservers for www.pure-data.org found
>
> If you need an nameserver and secondary one, we have one., where we
> can give you access to your records.

Here are the pure-data.org nameservers:

hans at sla:~ > host -CAL 1 pure-data.org
pure-data.org           NS      NS.NEWDREAM.NET
ns.newdream.net hostmaster.dreamhost.com        (2003061801 10800 1800
1814400 300)
pure-data.org           NS      NS2.NEWDREAM.NET

I think it would be a good idea to move the domain over to IEM's
nameservers.