[Pdweb] site structure proposal

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 20 15:40:43 CEST 2003

Here is my proposal for the site structure:

     * News
           o news
           o announcements
     * Developers
           o how to join the SourceForge project|http://pure-data.sf.net?
           o list of current projects/developers in the SourceForge
project
     * Documentation
           o "About PD" concise explanation of pd
           o pd docs
           o Tutorials
           o FAQ
           o Development
     * Downloads
           o pure-data.sf.net packages
           o pd-gem.sf.net packages
           o links to sites of other externals
     * Members Pages
           o brief explanation of section
           o member listing
     * Community
           o patches
           o "art" (tracks, GEM pictures, flash-installations)
           o forums
           o Search the site
                 + people
                 + downloads
                 + content
           o search PDB
             (could PDB be plone-ized?)

I think that we need to encourage people as much as possible to get
them to join the CVS.  Highlighting "Developers" as a main menu item
helps with that.  It is true that people won't use that page that much,
but I think having it on the main navigation demonstrates the
importance of the CVS effort.  If this info is tucked away in the
"Documentation" effort, it makes it look much less important.