[Pdweb] Skin... and boxes

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Jun 23 16:19:56 CEST 2003

Hello,

>We should remove the about box: we don't need to see the creator,
>modification date and state of a document; it's a useful feature for a
>small groupware, but not very relevent for a collaborative portal.

ok, I think you are skinning, so just do this
(http://testpd.iem.at/manage_propertiesForm )

and also add/remove/edit the right_slots and left_slots properties on
in the folders if needed.

>> Do we need the navigation box, or so ?
>
>Yes. That's the only box that should show at the left, in any context.
>This box needs room to expand.

ok.

>> Do we use the event system and calendar ?
>
>Definitely, along with the calendar box.

ok.

>> I could propose, that if you anoymous, there should be no boxes left
>> (so you can view with a pda too).
>
>The pda view could be implemented as a pda skin and set in the user's
>preferences. Anonymous users needs the navigation box, so they can
>navigate ...

I agree.

>> if you log in you get at least an navigation box, reviewer box (only
>> reviewers) and about box.
>
>The entire site should be accessible to all users (except private or group
>content), and registered users could contribute. Only some sections could
>be opened to anonymous users like forums and wikis, but these anonymous
>features should be in a "Anonymous" folder (or some other name), to
>emphasis the fact that "real" contributions are possible only when
>registered. Registered users should be able to create and maintain their
>own forums, wikis, blogs, etc, and give access of these features to all
>registered users, selected registered users, or anynymous users.

thats ok. I also have to note, that Collector and Wiki have an own
workflow, where subpages or collector can be open to anonymous.

>> communication sections: About, Info (Exchange)
>
>The Exchange section should aggregate and reflect what registered users
>puts in their folders. All contributions should be made from personal
>folders. For example when a new user is created, a hierarchy of default
>contribution folders would be created (patches, abstractions, externals,
>art, etc). A master "Exchange" index, with search capability, would list
>what users have contributed from their personal folders.  It's the Plone
>way...

Ok that has some logic.

>> there could be the event box and news box on the right side.
>
>Yes, like it is right now in the "about" section, with the calendar box.
>The about section should be made the default section instead of the news
>section.

agree too.

mfg winfried