[Pdweb] Next Steps ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 23 17:42:59 CEST 2003

On Monday, Jun 23, 2003, at 10:33 America/New_York, Winfried Ritsch
wrote:

> There are two pending questions:
>
> a) should we make a development folder from the root or not ?
>
>  My proposal is now to put it under Dokumentation
>  and most developments are from the members page.
>
>  but there should be a kind of dev folder for this site under dev but
>  not in the portal tabs, but in the navigation.
>
> ad a) Structure of subfolders

The "Developer" section is not just documentation, but also part
Community building, and part advertisement to get developers to join
the CVS/etc project.  That's why I really think it should be its own
section.  In fact, I think that the developer docs should be in the
Documentation section under Developer, but Developer Roles
(maintainers, webmasters, etc.), "Development Areas" etc, should be in
the main "Developer" section.  There are a lot of people out there
writing patches to PD itself, externals, etc. and it would be great to
have them all come together as one group project.  That's what I am to
do with the "Developer" section.

I made up a doc of my idea for the entire layout.  Let me know if I
left anything out:
http://testpd.iem.at/dev/pdweb_wiki/HansContentStructure

> b) Startpage About with news_slot and calender or News.

sounds great

> c) List of Skins we should delete out of the preferences.
>
> I will propose only customized skins as a start and other should be
> disabed. As default we use the pd patchstyle one ;-)))

fine by me.