[Pdweb] forum?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Wed Jun 25 09:43:51 CEST 2003

>> One question in the installation file:
>>
>>  If you want to replace CMF's DiscussionTool with CMFForum's One:
>
>I don't know. Is the discussion tool the one used in the news section? If
>so then it's more an annotation tool than a forum. With this annotation
>mechanism it's possible to remove postings, but not with the forum. Also,
>for some odd reason, the forum doesn't have a thread view while the
>discussion tool have.  We better decide before opening the site...

Can you test it and report ?
What are the differences ?

I never used a Forum since every Document, Object has an Discussion
tool
which makes it as Forum, the only difference is that forums can be
found under one URL. So maybe only a Search for new Objects visible or
published could form a forum.

Since nowadays Forums and weblogs have Subscription support and email
entry, they become more and more an mailinglists. So why don't just
make a mailboxer with additional a online form to mail, so poeple can
make up mailinglists for their projects, have the archives online like
a forum and all mailinglists are searchable over the site.

So I think we can make a content crop machine out of the page, since
many info on a lively community is just in mails.

mfg winfried ritsch