[Pdweb] forum?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Wed Jun 25 16:05:04 CEST 2003

Hello !

>> Since nowadays Forums and weblogs have Subscription support and email
>> entry, they become more and more an mailinglists. So why don't just
>> make a mailboxer with additional a online form to mail, so poeple can
>> make up mailinglists for their projects, have the archives online like
>> a forum and all mailinglists are searchable over the site.
>>
>> So I think we can make a content crop machine out of the page, since
>> many info on a lively community is just in mails.
>>

>This to me sounds like it could be ideal solution.  I didn't know there
>was such a Product.  I am browsing through
>http://www.dzug.org/mailinglisten/zope/ now, and it has raised a few
>questions:
>
>- Is there a threaded view, rather than a linear view?  It would nice
>to have the threaded view for archival reading, and the forum view for
>more day-to-day reading and posting.
>
>- Can you post anonymously using a Mailboxer?  I couldn't find an
>Mailboxer page that allows posting from the web.

according to features in
http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/MailBoxer
it does have threaded view and also you can make it moderated or not
(so i think anonymous poster could fall into spam categories), but if
we just have a for make ing posts we can choose a formuser we want.

I will check this product out this week, lets see what we can do.

mfg winfried