[Pdweb] content structure

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 10 17:00:46 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 2, 2003, at 16:24 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> I'd love to finalize the content structure, so we can go off on our
>> own and build out the site.  Any problems, changes, comments, etc.
>> to this layout:
>>
>> http://testpd.iem.at/dev/pdweb_wiki/HansContentStructure
>>
>>     * Downloads
>>           o pure-data.sf.net packages
>>           o pd-gem.sf.net packages
>>           o wiki with links to sites of other externals
>>           o Search the site
>>           o search PDB
>
> So far this is okay with me. I just wonder, if the PDP search would
> not better be placed to downloads? Or maybe there as well.
>
> If we could get rid of PDP in the Search folder, then we could also
> get rid of the Search folder at all and just keep the search entry at
> the page's top.

The ideal solution would be to plone-ize PDB so that there would just
be one search page where all search functions would be accessible.  But
if that is not possible, then we need to come up with something else.
Any plone experts have any ideas for how to approach plone-izing PDB?

> Regarding the skinning:
>
> I has come up before, but I would like to get rid of most of the
> boxes, too. I would like the "about document"-box to be in the footer
> of the page, where now the useless Plone advertisement is.
>
> Currently there is redundant navigation info: the notetabs at the top
> and the nav.-box at the left hand. I'd prefer one of these to go away.
>
> Opinions?

I second that wholeheartedly (see previous email).