[Pdweb] content structure

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 10 17:30:16 CEST 2003

On Thursday, Jul 3, 2003, at 05:15 America/New_York, Winfried Ritsch
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> looks ok for me too.
>

>>     * Documentation
>>           o "About" concise explanation of pd
>>                 + Copyright
>>           o pd docs
>>           o Tutorials
>>           o FAQ
>>           o Development
>>     * Development
>>           o how to join the SourceForge?
>> project|http://pure-data.sf.net?
>>           o List of Developers
>>           o Development Areas (HID, web site, synthesis, DJ, etc.)
>>           o Developer Roles (maintainters, webmasters, etc.)
>

> Here is still the question if we need a Development in either the
> Documentation or as a seperate folder.
>
> I dont know how to compile or and handle the list of developers and or
> developer roles, since the developers are tracked inside CVS or
> with their project they document on this page.

I am planning on setting this up and doing some maintenance.  But it
would be great if the maintenance could be open to many.  There is
already something similar done on the sf.net site:
http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/documentation.php

> The development-areas would be nice to be structured like seen above,
> but should it not be projects...
>
> so we can put all in Documentation -> Development.

With the Development Areas, it would be set up so that anyone could
edit it to add themselves under the areas they are working under.

> But we need some place for the Bugtracker of this site and
> Documentation for this site

> like How to contribute a project, a News an Event and an explanation
> of Workflow, structured text, and all Objects you can create...
> like NuxDocument, Photos, Photoalbums, Collector, Forum, Wiki.
>
> I dont know where to put this like to community or so... ?

This would go under Documentation in a section for how to use the
website.

I have incorporated all of the changes discussed into a revised Content
Structure document:

http://testpd.iem.at/dev/pdweb_wiki/FrontPage