[Pdweb] Tracks as Topics

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 18 21:30:28 CEST 2003

On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 13:48 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Yes, it should be honed. The way to go in the long run is meta data.
>> I'm just now trying to get a topic to work where Keyword=="Track" is
>> the criterium. But somehow this doesn't work out yet.
>
> Okay, now I figured it out: What is named "Keywords" in the Poperties
> view of a content item is called "Subject" in the criteria of a Topic.
>
> Now it works just as expected: If you want to publish a track, you
> need to upload it, then go to edit the "Properties" of the file and
> select "Track".
>
> Yippee! I think this is the Right Thing (tm) to do. Now keep the
> tracks coming.
>
> We should agree on Keywords/Subjects for the other topics, soon, and
> make a list in a WikiPage.

Now that the site is open to the public, and people are starting to
sign up, we need to quickly create the default members setup.  Each
member's folder should have a download section, a tracks/art section,
an news/events section, and a Patches section.

I think that the section under each member folder should not be called
'tracks' since that would exclude video, sound art, interactive pieces,
and people who don't like calling their music a 'track'.  And I don't
think we should have different sections for each type of art in the
members' folders since most of them would then be empty.  I, for
example, don't have any video/graphics work (yet?).  I think it makes
sense to have separate sections under the 'community' section though,
since people generally browse within a certain media.  Then the
news/announcements would be for more general posting.

The best we came up with before was 'art', but that might be a bit
vague.   Here are suggestions off the top of my head: "works", "pieces"

As a reference, the site structure is here:
http://testpd.iem.at/dev/pdweb_wiki/FrontPage