[Pdweb] VST support?

Sascha Sadat-Guscheh siad at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 12:12:54 CEST 2003

hi ...

my name is sascha and i'm new to this mailing list and a real PD rookie.
i'm not so much into soundprocessing-programming but i want to know more
about
it, that's why some friends of mine and me want use PD for both, visual and
accustic stuff.

my interests in pd are more of a "musical nature" than a programming one,
that's
why i have these questions:

in how far is it possible to use PD in the "professional" music-making
process?
is there a VST wrapper for effects (or instruments) written in PD? is it
possible to write
f.ex. a pitchshifter in PD (implementing some kind of VST-interface)
"compile" it and run
it in my sequencer (logic or cubase or w.s.e)?
are there any efforts in this direction ? (allthough VST is not open and
free)

thx in advance .. s.