[Pdweb] VST support?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jul 31 12:52:42 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Sascha Sadat-Guscheh hat gesagt: // Sascha Sadat-Guscheh wrote:

> my name is sascha and i'm new to this mailing list and a real PD rookie.

Well, you arrived at the wrong mailing list. pdweb is for discussion
of maintaining the pd communit website pure-data.org

You should head over to the "pd-list" mailing list, please.

> i'm not so much into soundprocessing-programming but i want to know
> more about it, that's why some friends of mine and me want use PD
> for both, visual and accustic stuff.
>
> my interests in pd are more of a "musical nature" than a programming
> one, that's why i have these questions:
>
> in how far is it possible to use PD in the "professional"
> music-making process?  is there a VST wrapper for effects (or
> instruments) written in PD? is it possible to write f.ex. a
> pitchshifter in PD (implementing some kind of VST-interface)
> "compile" it and run it in my sequencer (logic or cubase or w.s.e)?
> are there any efforts in this direction ? (allthough VST is not open
> and free)

There are efforts to make Pd a VST client but AFAIK it isn't done yet.
So currently Pd can only be used in a sequencer via a midi
connection. That is, unless you don't run Linux (or OS-X) where you
could use the JACK Audio Connection Kit.

ciao