[Pdweb] portal - design

Michael Zeltner michael.zeltner at chello.at
Sun Sep 28 17:26:15 CEST 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
heyho ;)

> Actually I think, that no one is currently working on the graphical
> side. I would like to change the logo someday, because the color(s)
> just doesn't match the rest of the page.

okay, so i'll set up an instance with a new design (is there a pd.org
ci? or can i do "what i want"? logo too?) as prosposal.

i can show you a kind of a graphical portfolio if you want me to.

don't expect me to finish the portal within the next two weeks, i'm
currently very busy :)

> (I think it was planned to make a whole skin, but it didn't work out
> yet obviously).

making skins for plone 1.0 is very risky. the 1.0 skin architecture was
pure hell, so migrating from a heavily changed 1.0 skin will be nearly
impossible... 2.0 is much more modular. but as i said, most of the time,
changes to the templates aren't necessary because nearly everything is
changeable with css.

> Is your skin visible somewhere?

you can test the skin with the plone 2.0b1 tarball or just see it on
test.plone.org. it looks like plone looked in 1.0 (because a part of
plone is it's ui) but the code is different: accessible (wcag-aaa -
section 508) and flexible (tableless - more ids/classes - more semantic
code block positions, id allocation, classification).

> And if I understand it correctly, then it would require a plone
> update, wouldn't it? Then Winfried would have the last word about
> it.

yes, you would need to update to plone 2.0 which is currently in beta
state - we expect it to be final in about 20-30 days.

> ciao

regards, michael
--
niij° <http://niij.org/>