[Pdweb] portal - design

Michael Zeltner michael.zeltner at chello.at
Mon Sep 29 20:51:31 CEST 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> What's a "ci"?

corporate identity - a style (color, form, whatever) guide - a
standardised part-theoretical design

> What happens to pd.org content and design-wise is
> bysically decided here on this list, but as IEM hosts the site, all
> technical things have to go through them, i.e. Winfried Ritsch.

oh i "know" him ;) i mailed him about my interest about 1 or 2 months
ago ;) he also hosted webforce.at, but we have our own server now ;)

> I don't know IEM's plan's regarding a migration to plone 2.0, but at
> least for pd.org it might not be a big problem:

if you have your own instance that's no problem at all ;) because then
you don't have to migrate other portals

> We don't have much content yet and the skin is almost the default

yes, plonish ;) - boring after the year i know it (the default plone
skin) ;)

> It would be nice to see a proposal in advance, so nobody feels bad
> with it, but until now nobody has done much graphics anyway.

cool - maybe i'll get joe geldart to make a cool logo - i'm not that
talented in vector graphics.

> This sounds very good. I tried to get the grips on skinning pd.org and
> seeing dtml once again made me stop rather immediatly, although I'm a
> bit comfortable with the CMF (if you search the CMF mailing list
> archives from waaaay back - ~5 years ago -, you might still find my
> name there ;)

dtml in plone? - you're joking right? ;) there are only ~6 dtml files -
javascripts and css files, which are not xml so you can forget me/tal
(zpt) there.

> Fortunatly web standards have come a long way since then, too, so it's
> good to hear that Plone goes CSS skinning, like on csszengarden.com
> which you have linked, too.

webstandards... we could throw away these loads of sementic bullshit
(sorry) if every browser supported them... css 3 will be a huge step,
for a more sementic web, but it seems like we have to wait ~5 years
until we can really use it... look at ie 6 - it's 2 years around now.
we'll have to support it for at least 3 years from now on. *sigh* :(

> ciao

michael
--
niij° <http://niij.org/>