[Pdweb] portal - design

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 29 23:38:02 CEST 2003

Hallo,

Michael Zeltner hat gesagt: // Michael Zeltner wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >What's a "ci"?
>
> corporate identity - a style (color, form, whatever) guide - a
> standardised part-theoretical design

Ah. I thought it was ci(1) ("ci - check in RCS revisions")...  Well,
Pd has a strong tradition of incorporating a kind of "non-design". Pd
patches, being multi-platform, use common denominators like Courier or
Arial/Helvetica fonts, simple geometric objects build out of 1px, #000
lines, and "flat shaded" 2-color GUI objects. There's a lot of black
and white in Pd land.

This isn't exactly a CI (Miller has stated once or more, that he would
like to use a "Pd font" for Pd), but it's the way it is now and is,
what people are used to in Pd.

> >We don't have much content yet and the skin is almost the default
>
> yes, plonish ;) - boring after the year i know it (the default plone
> skin) ;)

And the standard navigation font is too small on Mozilla/Linux.

> >It would be nice to see a proposal in advance, so nobody feels bad
> >with it, but until now nobody has done much graphics anyway.
>
> cool - maybe i'll get joe geldart to make a cool logo - i'm not that
> talented in vector graphics.

Great.

> >This sounds very good. I tried to get the grips on skinning pd.org and
> >seeing dtml once again made me stop rather immediatly, although I'm a
> >bit comfortable with the CMF (if you search the CMF mailing list
> >archives from waaaay back - ~5 years ago -, you might still find my
> >name there ;)
>
> dtml in plone? - you're joking right? ;) there are only ~6 dtml files -

Yes, those are what I was talking 'bout. ;)

> javascripts and css files, which are not xml so you can forget me/tal
> (zpt) there.

Yeah, well, zpt doesn't look *that* much nicer that dtml, in my
opinion. But my opinion is influenced by a slight aversion to Zope,
that isn't really justified, but I was converted to Webware(.sf.net)

ciao