[Pdweb] portal - design

Michael Zeltner michael.zeltner at chello.at
Thu Oct 9 13:44:50 CEST 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Ah. I thought it was ci(1) ("ci - check in RCS revisions")...  Well,
> Pd has a strong tradition of incorporating a kind of "non-design". Pd
> patches, being multi-platform, use common denominators like Courier or
> Arial/Helvetica fonts, simple geometric objects build out of 1px, #000
> lines, and "flat shaded" 2-color GUI objects. There's a lot of black
> and white in Pd land.

okay i'll use that :)

> This isn't exactly a CI (Miller has stated once or more, that he would
> like to use a "Pd font" for Pd), but it's the way it is now and is,
> what people are used to in Pd.

font, and/or a logo? maybe we can work something out :)

> And the standard navigation font is too small on Mozilla/Linux.

yes, which is fixed in 2.0 - but you can change that by hand in the
stylesheet properties - 65% -> 11px or 10px

> Yes, those are what I was talking 'bout. ;)

well we don't use much dtml in these documents - the normal "dtml skin
availability" is gone in 2.0

> Yeah, well, zpt doesn't look *that* much nicer that dtml, in my
> opinion.

imo it's quite cool - for simple stuff - if you need to do something
very complicated you should use python (please... - don't look at the
navigation_tree_slot ... it's like they distilled hitler and stalin)

> But my opinion is influenced by a slight aversion to Zope,
> that isn't really justified, but I was converted to Webware(.sf.net)

i just have heard about it - seems very "basic" in comparison to zope

> ciao

fyi - i'll start around saturday next week - 2 reasons: i need a pause
(i'm currently working about 18h per day) and we're going to clean up
everything in the guy - because after 2.0 we can't do this anymore -
this will take a lot of time - nothing is typo safe :)

and, before i'll start to code that stuff i'll post pngs how i think it
could look

is there something like a commit contract (like zope.org or plone has)?

regards, michael
--
niij° <http://niij.org/>