[Pdweb] pure-data.org is for sale

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue May 11 10:53:09 CEST 2004

Hello,

Last week we tried the name was locked, seems they had a script looking when
it comes free or somewone sold it to them.

Am Montag, 10. Mai 2004 22:34 schrieb Marc Lavallée:
> Le 10 Mai 2004 15:40, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> > Damn, this is horrible. Someone really should buy it now, at best
> > maybe IEM? I would donate money for, say, the first year. Let's act
> > soon.

We can buy the domain also without donation, just a decision what.

I also saw that puredata.org was grapped since a short time from an guy from
netherland, maybe he is in the pd community we can talk with...

> I heard that it's possible to deal with those domain name pirates. They
> might ask a lot, so let them understand that we don't really need this
> domain name; they might accept to sell it at a lower cost.
>
> If it doesn't work, we could register:
> pure-data.info
> puredata.info
> pure-data.nu
> puredata.nu
> pure-data.cc
> puredata.cc
> or something else...

a) should we take the .info domain ?

b)  would anybody mail to the domainname grabbers company if the give this us,
since we run the site for free ?

mfg winfried

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.at.gpg.net/)