[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 18 09:02:29 CEST 2004

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On May 17, 2004, at 4:35 PM, Marc Lavallée wrote:
>
> Did you try loading it in a fresh window? I can't get it to load on
> Windows (Mozilla Firefox and IE) or MacOS X (Camino, IE, or Safari).
> I've tried it from three separate networks also.

confirmed

i had put some http/ram accelerators into the pure-data.org site hoping
to increase performance - while it had many hits it didn't manage the
redirect to http://pure-data.iem.at/about/ correctly

i have removed the accelerators and it works now.
sorry for any inconvenience

> And http://puredata.info gives me a proxy error. Perhaps these two
> things are related.

no, not at all.
pure-data.info is a completely different host (right now
pure-data.iem.at runs on the same server like the iem-homepage).
we have decided to give the pd-website a host of its own (to reduce load
in the iem-webserver)
now we are currently struggling to migrate the database from the old
host to the new host (and upgrading both zope and plone - and the whole
system)
so:
pure-data.iem.at (193.170.191.181) is a virtual host at http://iem.at
puredata.info (193.170.191.182) is on a dedicated server, but not set up
correctly (yet) - this is why you get the proxy error; in reality it is
a virtual host on this machine
pure-data.info is hans's backup that is pointing to 193.170.191.182, but
is not handled correctly by the virtual-host directive - that is why you
see a small "APACHE"-site

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes