[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 18 14:47:20 CEST 2004

On May 18, 2004, at 3:02 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On May 17, 2004, at 4:35 PM, Marc Lavallée wrote:
>> Did you try loading it in a fresh window? I can't get it to load on
>> Windows (Mozilla Firefox and IE) or MacOS X (Camino, IE, or Safari).
>> I've tried it from three separate networks also.
>
> confirmed
>
> i had put some http/ram accelerators into the pure-data.org site
> hoping to increase performance - while it had many hits it didn't
> manage the redirect to http://pure-data.iem.at/about/ correctly
>
> i have removed the accelerators and it works now.
> sorry for any inconvenience
>

>> And http://puredata.info gives me a proxy error. Perhaps these two
>> things are related.
>
> no, not at all.
> pure-data.info is a completely different host (right now
> pure-data.iem.at runs on the same server like the iem-homepage).
> we have decided to give the pd-website a host of its own (to reduce
> load in the iem-webserver)
> now we are currently struggling to migrate the database from the old
> host to the new host (and upgrading both zope and plone - and the
> whole system)
> so:
> pure-data.iem.at (193.170.191.181) is a virtual host at http://iem.at
> puredata.info (193.170.191.182) is on a dedicated server, but not set
> up correctly (yet) - this is why you get the proxy error; in reality
> it is a virtual host on this machine

Ok, good to know.

> pure-data.info is hans's backup that is pointing to 193.170.191.182,
> but is not handled correctly by the virtual-host directive - that is
> why you see a small "APACHE"-site

Actually, I have pure-data.info set up on my nameservers to go to my
server, which then redirects it to pure-data.iem.at.  I guess IEM has
pure-data.info set up on their nameservers, so only internally is it
directed to 193.170.191.182.

This is my redirect in apache:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName www.pure-data.info
     ServerAlias pure-data.info
     ServerAdmin webmaster at pure-data.info

          Redirect / http://pure-data.iem.at/

</VirtualHost>

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
										-A.J. Muste