[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 19 09:57:21 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Winfried Ritsch hat gesagt: // Winfried Ritsch wrote:
> Solutions:
>
>  a) I think we should  first migrate all CMFWiki to ZWiki
>

>   b) If we want the new Plone2:
>
>          - which I find more powerful and
>
>          - Zope 2.7 which   has   more performance
>
>          - and also runs completly under the user zoper, where I can give you
>            the login, so you can Install any Product you want.
>
>      we should set up a new plone and just fill in the
>
>       logo and make a new design... if somebody want, which is much more
>       easier with plone2.0.x
>

> What should I do ? only a or a than b)

I'd also vote for a and b. We don't use a custom design for Plone 1
currently, just the default one, so migrating that part is very easy:
Just use the Plone 2 default skin for now. AFAIK there already has
been some work done on a Plone 2 theme for Pd.org/.info

I also vote for ditching the current logo, which I don't like at
all. :(

Regarding the Wiki pages: I would still like to see some kind of Wiki
on pd.info, but I don't care which one it is technically. Is there a
way to search for CMFWiki pages, so it will be easier to convert them?

One thing we should work on when migrating is the old forum issue.
There should be a real forum, which I tried to add to the old site
more than once, but it always failed with some error message or it
wasn't visible to non-admins.

So we should get some kind of direct big link to a forum, where
users can discuss problems like they now do on the "about" page...

And the last thing we could think about changing right away is the
starting page. I'd really prefer the news page being the start page.
Starting pages need to change often, otherwise users go away. So I'd
suggest changing the redirect to "news".

Unfortunatly I won't be able to contribute much next week because of
the Montevideo workshop.

CIao