[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Michael Zeltner michael.zeltner at chello.at
Wed May 19 22:14:52 CEST 2004

Am 19.05.2004 um 20:46 schrieb Marc Lavallée:

>> I also vote for ditching the current logo,
>> which I don't like at all. :(
>
> I'm the one who installed the logo.  I asked pat at 11h11.com to create
> "something", and he did it real quick. Although I think it "did the
> job", I
> don't really like it either, mostly because it's too big and doesn't
> work
> with the default skin. There should be a new skin, it's not that
> difficult
> now with Plone 2.

yeah, if you know css you can do pretty much everything you want :)

regarding a design, i promised to contribute one last year, i just
didn't find time to do that yet - i just have a lot of "real
paper"-sketches (which i could scan if someone still wants me to) -
basically i tried to reuse the pd ui, and make it a bit more broken (in
a good non-ugly way ;)) - it wouldn't be to hard to create.

> CMFBoard is good.

as some of you may know, i'm one of the guys that contributed heavily
on Plone 2 (even back then when it was 1.1) so i hope i know what i'm
saying ;) this is a personal opinion but cmfboard is really really
*really* bad. it broke stuff (whole portals without the ability to fix
it easily, actually i don't know if you could fix it anyway), it
doesn't integrate itself into the ui and it's overall architecture is a
pure mess. oh yeah and it doesn't scale. however, there is just one
alternative which isn't 100% finished yet: ploneboard - there isn't a
release yet, and you can't install it via the plone interface,
otherwise some entrys will produce errors (not ploneboards fault, the
code of the quickinstaller isn't perfect). i can probably help setting
it up if it's needed.

> I can help, I'm getting used to Plone2.

i can help to, but my time is limited, sorry...

regards, michael
--
</gro.jiin//:ptth> °jiin