[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Thu May 20 00:19:37 CEST 2004

Le 19 Mai 2004 16:14, vous avez écrit :

> basically i tried to reuse the pd ui, and make it a bit more broken (in
> a good non-ugly way ;)) - it wouldn't be to hard to create.

Cloning the PD look was my intention when I asked patrick for the logo.
It shoud be easy to create a pd look, with everything in b&w...

> this is a personal opinion but cmfboard is really really
> *really* bad.

Why is it so popular then?
Because of all the bells and whistles?

> it broke stuff (whole portals without the ability to fix
> it easily, actually i don't know if you could fix it anyway), it
> doesn't integrate itself into the ui and it's overall architecture is a
> pure mess. oh yeah and it doesn't scale.

Scary...

> however, there is just one alternative which isn't 100% finished yet:
> ploneboard - there isn't a release yet, and you can't install it via the
> plone interface,  otherwise some entrys will produce errors (not
> ploneboards fault, the  code of the quickinstaller isn't perfect).
> i can probably help setting it up if it's needed.

I grabbed a CVS snapshot, and it works very well. I was able to install it
with quickinstaller without problems. It's simple enough, but I'm not sure
it's necessary to see the sender's pictures in the message boxes. I guess
it could be customized (and internationalized). The code seems well written
(with unit tests).

I was thinking: an interesting feature for the next site would be to
integrate the mailing list archives, using the MailBoxer product.

--
Marc