[Pdweb] http://pure-data.iem.at/ doesn't work

Michael Zeltner michael.zeltner at chello.at
Thu May 20 00:37:16 CEST 2004

Am 19.05.2004 um 23:19 schrieb Marc Lavallée:

> Why is it so popular then?
> Because of all the bells and whistles?

because it's the only thing that is officially availabe and
"compatible" with plone 2 (i don't think so :P)

> I grabbed a CVS snapshot, and it works very well. I was able to
> install it with quickinstaller without problems.

and you can answer in published boards with different users? seems like
someone fixed quickinstaller or added a workaround for
ploneboard/archetypes?

> It's simple enough, but I'm not sure it's necessary to see the
> sender's pictures in the message boxes.

i agree, if there isn't one set it doesn't make much sense for a site
where almost noone will have one to display a generic one.

> I guess it could be customized (and internationalized). The code seems
> well written (with unit tests).

it is very well written actually :) the markup could be better but
thats about it.

> I was thinking: an interesting feature for the next site would be to
> integrate the mailing list archives, using the MailBoxer product.

people are working on that, but they're not using mailboxer i think ...
iirc someone is writing such a thing from scratch, trying to do it in a
sane way ;)

regards, michael
--
</gro.jiin//:ptth> °jiin