[Pdweb] Portal Migration nearly done...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Jun 11 17:51:05 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2004 17:35 schrieb Marc Lavallée:
> Le 9 Juin 2004 05:09, Michael Zeltner a écrit :
> > CMFBoard caused (as i mentioned earlier) loads of problems and doesn't
> > integrate itself into plone in a nice plonish way.
>
> I looked for more informations about these problems and can't find
> anything.

yes it looks very cool and I try it, I just saw we have also to configure the
mailer and some forwarder skripts, so we can get postings on the forum over
email, I think it need a little time to set up since the mailing stuff.

> > PloneBoard seems to work okay, even if it hasn't been released yet
> > (maybe because some features are missing?) it's available in the
> > collective cvs.
>
> It doesn't work with the latest Plone, but it could certainly be fixed.
> Also, it's not internationalized.

I didnt see a working installation, so I see not what really could beat the
CMFBoard, even it should work with newest plone and Archetypes...

> > have a look at CMFMember, they're going to release 1.0 soon
>
> CMFMember make sense to create Archetypes based products, but for simple
> group management, I would go with mxmWorkgroups or GRUFSpaces.
> --

I understand now. Since I didnt get the idea of how to use the Group User
Folder, I think we need something like this to get poeple making their own
project space and group there...

So I read mxmWorkgroups, I also saw the GrufSpaces 0.2, which say they will
cobine mxmWorkgroups with PloneWorkspace,...

So anybody knows which has more future ???

So we should make a Project Product out of CMFMember and Workgroups  and some
additional metadata, any suggestion how it could look like ?

mfg winfried