[Pdweb] a list archive request... (vote in an online poll!)

lex ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Thu Oct 14 22:53:22 CEST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:52:26 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2004, at 4:39 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner hat gesagt: // Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> If you aren't sick of them yet, I've got an archive request:
>>> - would it be possible to search-and-replace on pure-data.org in all
>>> the list archives and replace with puredata.org?
>> You mean online? No, please.
>> It's an *archive*, not a collection of valid documentation that should
>> be updated regularily.
> I am all for leaving history intact, but I really think that this is
> almost purely a technical issue, [snip]

pure-data.org is an atrocious nightmare now, so I second Hans' suggestion.
Dictionaries and technical references are updated regularly.
The alternative, a hosts file or local DNS entry pointing pure-data.org to
193.170.191.182 (puredata.org) fails.

I'd like this question thrown open to the whole pd list community, but
I'll leave that up to Hans.

Unless/until puredata.org/plone gets polling implemented,
I've set up a voting POLL here:
http://tet.hopto.org.master.com/texis/master/search