[Pdweb] a list archive request... (vote in an online poll!)

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 15 12:42:57 CEST 2004

lex ein wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:52:26 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner

> pure-data.org is an atrocious nightmare now, so I second Hans' suggestion.
> Dictionaries and technical references are updated regularly.
true, but i think frank has pointed out, that the archives are archives
and not dictionaries or technical references.

several email-addresses found in the archives (a fact that could be
discussed separately) are dead by now.
a lot of links (not only pure-data.org) are dead by now.
several (virtual) posters do not exist any more.

so what is the difference

as for hans' idea to only change links after the iem-launch of
pure-data.org, i don't really understand it.
references/links to the "old" pure-data.org will never work again (most
probably), *but* following them will eventually lead to some
DNS-grabber's homepage: what does it tell us ?

and just a sidemark:
i'd love to see the postings in the archive talking about
"hey, http://puredata.org does not work any more -> well, the
puredata.org domain has been grabbed, the new one is http://puredata.org"

> Unless/until puredata.org/plone gets polling implemented,
> I've set up a voting POLL here:

which one, should i use:
this ?
> http://tet.hopto.org.master.com/texis/master/search