[Pdweb] puredata.info will be prepared for PDCON docu...

ritsch at iem.at ritsch at iem.at
Thu Feb 10 23:14:46 CET 2005

Hello,

Sorry for delay, but our University just put up a firewall before the
puredata-server, so we had troubles to convince the network stuff we need this
server... anyway tomorrow we will check all these.

> > I have also installed now ATContentTypes in Place of old types, but
> didnt
> > suceed in converting all documents to new ones.
> >
> > Please drop an eye if something is broken, since I just can test
> some
> > random ones.
>
> Do you have an example of a document that hasn't been converted?
> The old content types should still be supported.

the problem was the the mogration script didnt succeed, so the types were
switched but not the content. I have to investigate this fuhrter, meanwhile i
just switched it back an have the atcontenttypes in addition (Just need it for
report tool and restructured txt).

> > BTW Wiki is now updated and I have added a small wiki Howto for the
> Site:
>
> There's omething odd: the "what's new" portlet don't show the items in
> reverse
> chronological order... Is it on purpose?

no but i saw its default so on plone, so recents always revers, hmm...

> > Next Projects:
> >
> >  - Local Filesystem Integration for the huge Library
>
> One solution is to use DirectoryStorage instead of the Data.fs ZODB
> storage.
> http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/

thanx i have a look at this, ...

... but what we need is that people can download, files
from documentation file storage, about 400GB of videos audio file. And a skript
is converting them to encoded oggs or whatever. Since nobody wants to download
this mass is mostly for transparency. so I thougt a nice feature to view this
hierachy through the portal. Anyhow I have to think hwo to handle this in plone.

> >  - stream on the fly with icecast of big video and audiofiles.
>
> WebDav support for big files is still problematic, but there's
> solutions.

The idea is that a icecast stream is initiated on demand. so people can hear the
  lectures (most of them just 1 hour or more) and need not download them.
I Think if somebody wants it, we offer ftp oder http access to download.

> >  - report tool generating PDF of Documentation
>
> I want to build a web to pdf gateway using the upcoming Mozilla 1.8;
> this
> version should have a remote command to save web pages as
> Postscript...
> The integration with Plone would be in the form of a pdfprint button,
> next to
> the normal print button.
>
> You could also consider using PloneHelpCenter for the documentation
> section.
> There's  a script to migrate ZWiki content to PloneHelpCenter...

Thats looks quite fine... I think this is an option. Anyway I believe, That the
old wiki doesnt say much, so we should just copy some information and use the
wiki for some organisig stuff, but make a doku with the HelpCenter...
if we find contributors...

mfG Winfried