[Pdweb] puredata.info will be prepared for PDCON docu...

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Fri Feb 11 00:19:31 CET 2005

Le 10 Février 2005 15:47, ritsch at iem.at a écrit :

> That was my thought.

Cool!

> Ok fine, I just startet with an UML diagramm (use ARCHGenXML), but the
> problem was I couldnt decide if we should change some of the fields.

That's an important design issue. :-)

> a) The Idea was to use the database to control all objectnames, so people
> can see what is used and if the write something, they can reserve some
> objectname or at least some prefix on libraries...
>
> b) The other problem is database or plone:
> - should we leave the SQL Backend (best to convert it to postgresql and
> make SQL-Storage AT),

PureData.org runs from a SQL storage? Is it appropriate for large files?

> c) If we have the ATContent Type we can place all entries in a "Large
> Plone Folder" or we allow people to handle their entries in their home.
> but then the problem is with the workflow, who can make it public if not
> reviewer...  or is it only viewable to authentified users...

I might have a solution... I worked this year on a multilingual architecture
for Plone. With the precious help of a Plone developer, we enhanced
I18NLayer alot; in my opinion the final system is better than Linguaplone.

We also developed a reference system as virtual folders called
"ATCategories". It's not perfect yet, because it's not workflowable, but it
works with security and reviewers are allowed to categorize submitted
documents for publication.

All this is not completely GPL, because my employer just don't get it... :-(

> d) Structure:
> Since Plone can more than a database, it could be nice to make a
> hierachy: which is:
>
> Libraries: as Folderish types can only contain object-entries with names.
>
> All Libraries are in a Folderish content called the pddb where only
> libraries can be added, then we can restrict content creation und this
> hierachy
>
> so anybody can create his pddb in his home and there is a big one for
> extra entries.

That's exaclty what I did for another web site. But it's too bad, because I
can't work anymore on this web site and I have to let another programmer
finish it.

> e) Listing: So we can search over the portal an do a list with a search
> mask.

Yep! Isn't Plone great? :-)

--
Marc