[Pdweb] puredata.info will be prepared for PDCON docu...

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Fri Feb 11 00:29:57 CET 2005

Le 10 Février 2005 17:14, ritsch at iem.at a écrit :

> ... but what we need is that people can download, files
> from documentation file storage, about 400GB of videos audio file. And a
> skript is converting them to encoded oggs or whatever. Since nobody wants
> to download this mass is mostly for transparency. so I thougt a nice
> feature to view this hierachy through the portal. Anyhow I have to think
> hwo to handle this in plone.

Interesting problem... If everything's fine, my next job will be to create a
portal for students who generate an average of 500M each. So I'll have to
think about similar solutions for asynchronous transcoding, so that
original contents at full resolution could be automatically adapted for the
web. So far I use ImageMagick to create thumbnails of images, directly in
Plone, but for large documents like audio or video, that's not a good
strategy.

--
Marc