[Pdweb] puredata.info will be prepared for PDCON docu...

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Sat Feb 12 04:49:58 CET 2005

Le 11 Février 2005 11:40, Winfried Ritsch a écrit :

> I just now post you the Database Structure dumped in a file
> and the UML Diagramms I made out of it and the Product autogenerated
> where the model is included. I used Poseidon UML 3.0 from
> http://gentleware.de/ community, since it seems to work best, but its a
> monster...

Anything named after an ancient god must be bloated. Do you know about
ArgoUML? It's a free software released with a BSD license (which Poseidon is
based on) and it's much smaller. I'm not yet familiar with UML, but for my
next job I'll have to be very  "buzzword compliant", and I feel that UML and
XML would help. :-)  I tried to load the PDDatabase.xmi file (unzipped from
PDDatabase.zuml) into ArgoUML 0.16.1, but nothing happens. I better read the
manual then...

> Pleas have a look and tell me what you mean:
>
>   https://puredata.org/dev/pd_webwiki/PDBPureDatabaseInterfaceDevelopment
>
> Maybe we check this in somewhere in a svn, cvs...
>
> I think we should make it simpler (I dropped also the URL table)

You did a good job at reducing the schema. Here's a few quick comments:

- There should be two fields for the license: a multi-selection box of common
free licences (for multiple-licensing), plus a text area for the description
of other licenses and/or comments about the licensing scheme. Of course the
default selection would be GPL, with a Gnu ascii art in the text area... ;-)

- The authors, persons (contributors?) views could have references to
corresponding Plone users.

-  Attachments or files and references to files on the portal.
This PDDB section could act as a repository for the download section, with
comments and annotations.

--
Marc