[Pdweb] my changed to the FAQ keep getting lost

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 15 17:33:11 CEST 2005

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I have been adding to the FAQ and I just noticed that it has been
> losing the changes.  I just added to this entry
> http://puredata.org/docs/faq/PdFAQ#WhatIsThePdrc  about the .pdsettings
> file.  When I hit save, it gave me a page that shows my changes
> properly in the HTML.  Then when I go tthat page again, the changes
> aren't there.

hi,

i cannot entirely reproduce this.
can you tell me what you have (not) changed ??

btw: where is there a "Pd FAQ" (index_html) and a "Pd FAQ" (PdFAQ) ??
might this be the problem ??

you have changed the PdFAQ instead of the index_html

one last question: since when are ".pdrc" and ".pdsettings" synonymous ?
they both handle the pd-settings, but, afaik, the structure/syntax is
completely differen: .pdrc is a list of arguments as you have discribed
it on the FAQ, while .pdsettings is a list of key-value pairs (to be
compatible with the windoze registry)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes