skin [was: Re: [Pdweb] http://convention.puredata.info/]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu May 12 03:16:09 CEST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> Nice! But PD is not only for music.

well, there is the RGB bars icon I had made for the jMax toolbar while
coding the first version of [peephole]...

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/peephole2.png
   http://artengine.ca/pdmtl/pdmtl.gif

I thought this could be integrated in the logo as well, either as a
colouring of the existing parts, or as an add-on.

But then, it could be argued that PureData is not just about audio and
video, and I'd be the first to agree:

   http://gridflow.ca/gallery/purebot.gif

But then, audio and video/graphics is what it's used for 99% of the time,
no? So I think it would be representative.

> Is it time for a logo contest?

I think there has been a logo contest long ago, though I don't recall what
has come out of it.

  ,-o---------o---------o---------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
  `-o--------------o--------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |