[Pdweb] taking over pure-data.info

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 9 10:45:39 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So pure-data.info is about to expire in April.  Does IEM have any
> interest in taking it over?

yes, we are definitely interested in taking it over (took some time to
find out...)

one related question:
  could http://pure-data.org be sued for something like "phishing"?
(no "phishing" is the wrong word; but it's kind of like...)
obviously this page is trying to fake a pure-data related site, but
constantly fools the user by not providing what they are looking for.
(otoh, the page is not "harmful", just frustrating).

i think there have been several cases in austria, where this kind of
domain-grabbing (with faked content) ended up by taking away the domain
from the grabbers and giving it to the "legitimate" owners.

or are there any chances that we might ban them from using words like
"Gem" in this context? (i don't think we would have any chance in
banning "windows installer"...)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes