[Pdweb] /dev and /docs perms

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 13 10:58:24 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think we should open up the /dev and /docs sections so that its like a
> wiki, and anyone can add pages.  Right now, logged in users can only
> edit existing pages, but not add new pages.

in theory i agree, but practice looks different...

the problem is, that zwiki-pages do not respect the usual
plone-workflow. therefore we cannot give the right to add zwiki pages to
all authenticated members (just because it is not possible).
one possibility would be to make all members be "owner" of the /dev and
/docs folders, but this would mean that they can just do everything,
including the deletion of non-wiki pages and the like.
this would not be a real problem, if spammers hadn't startet to spam
plone sites with authenticated users just recently (even with all the
steps required - like email confirmation...very inefficient spamming
this is)

however, it is perfectly possible to add wiki-pages right now: just
don't use the "add wiki page" button but do it implicitely by editing an
existing wiki page and refer to a page to be created.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes