[Pdweb] community based organisations

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 5 10:13:02 CEST 2006

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> http://puredata.info/community/organization/

the content of puredata.info is created by the pd community. whatever
the pd community thinks is fit for this portal should be made available.
(otoh, this is probably the motivation for your question and not the answer)

> 1. is this limited to legally constituted organizations?

personally i don't see a reason for this restriction.
  pd-graz is a legally constituted organization and i needed to set-up a
webspace for it (both statements are true, but they don't have any
necessary relationship beyond the fact that the same thing (pd-graz) is
involved in both).
i did not want to put it into the "dev" section, so i created a new one.
probably it should have been flat community/pd-graz and not
community/organization/pd-graz.
however, pd-graz should not stay the only entry in this section (and i
doubt whether there are a lot of other "legally constituted" orgs
regarding pd)

> 2. is this limited to organizations 100% dedicated to pd, or can it
> include other organizations that have promoted pd?

personally i think: this depends.
i will not put the homepages of the sponsors of the pd-publications
there (though they have promoted pd in some kind)
are you talking about hosting content for artengine or about setting up
a link to pd-mtl?

but this is really just my personal opinion. as said above:
puredata.info should be community driven content.

fmgasd.r
IOhannes