[Pdweb] Re: pure-data wiki -- permissions and spam

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 5 11:14:45 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> the best solution would probably be a "proof that you are no spam-bot"
> check-box or password or...
>
> i haven't found something yet which fullfills this (preferrably as
> plone-product)

Because I also had comment-spammers on my site, I wrote a silly spam
protection which randomly asks if you're a spammer or if you are no
spammer and also randomly gives different default answers. This has
stopped the spam so far, but of course it's a rather naive "solution",
which can be circumvented easily if a spammer is desperate enough.

Ciao